Congratulations on purchasing a Nightfox 119v.
Now it's out of the box, follow these steps to get up and running:
- Turn the device on by long-pressing the ON power button on top of the device until the LCD display illuminates.
- Look through the viewfinder and focus the picture by twisting the lens at the front of the device clockwise or anti-clockwise as necessary.
- For night use, turn on the infrared illuminator by pressing the IR button. Increase the brightness by pressing the button repeatedly. It has 7 levels of brightness (0->1->2->3->4->5->6->7->0…)
- You can zoom by pressing the ZOOM button at the top of the device to magnify the picture by up to 2x. Keep pressing to go back to 1x magnification.
Charging the battery:
The Nightfox charges just like a mobile phone or tablet, using a mini USB interface. To charge the battery:
- Plug the provided mini USB cable into a USB port. This could be a USB port on your laptop or computer or an existing phone charger.
- On the 119v, open the USB cover that is placed just above the viewfinder and plug the provided USB mini cable into the charging port.
When the Nightfox is charging, progress is shown through a green battery illustration on the LCD screen. The charge time from flat is approximately three hours from a USB socket with a 1A output.