Congratulations on purchasing a Nightfox 110R.
Now it's out of the box, follow these steps to get up and running:
- Open the two compartments on the bottom of the Nightfox. Place new 4x AA alkaline or lithium batteries. and make sure that the negative sides are pressed against the “spring” connectors and then close the battery compartments.
- Turn the Nightfox on by long-pressing the ON power button on top of the device until the LCD display illuminates.
- Look through the viewfinder and focus the picture by twisting the lens at the front of the device clockwise or anti-clockwise as necessary.
- Pick an infrared power level by pressing the IR button on the top of the device. This will provide illumination to the picture. There are 7 brightness levels. A higher level will provide a brighter picture but will deplete the batteries quicker.
- You can zoom by pressing the ZOOM button at the top of the device to magnify the picture by up to 2x. Keep pressing to go back to 1x magnification.
- Press the MODE button at the top of the device to switch modes — the Nightfox’s four modes are Photo, Video, Gallery and Settings.
- TIP: Remove the cap for night-time use and keep it on for day-time use.
- Turn the device off by long-pressing the ON power button until the LCD display turns off.
Installing a memory card:
To record video footage on your Nightfox 120R a class 10 micro SD memory card must be installed. The maximum card capacity for the 120R is 32GB of memory. For reference, a memory card size of 16GB will allow you to record three hours of footage. To install a memory card:
- Open the USB cover placed just above the viewfinder.
- Insert the memory card with the gold pins facing up.
- Push the memory card in until it clicks into place.
- To remove the memory card, push the memory card in to release and pop out.