Congratulations on purchasing a Nightfox 100v.
Now it's out of the box, watch this handy video to get the most out of it.
Or, follow these steps to get up and running:
- Open the covers of the battery compartments at the bottom of the device and place 8 new AA alkaline or lithium batteries in each compartment and make sure that the negative sides of each of the batteries are pressing against the spring, then close the battery compartments. TIP: lay the attached ribbon on the bottom of both battery compartments and place the batteries over them, this will make replacing batteries much easier when the time comes!
- Long press the Power button to turn on the binocular and wait for the opening message on the LCD screen to appear. Once the power is on, use the LCD viewing screen inside the eyepiece.
- Look through the viewfinder and turn the focus wheel at the front-bottom of the device to focus the image. Alternatively, twist the lens at the front of the device to achieve a focused image on screen.
- For night use, turn on the infrared illuminator by pressing the IR button. Increase the brightness by pressing the button repeatedly. It has 7 levels of brightness (0->1->2->3->4->5->6->7->0…)
- Press the Zoom button to zoom in at multiple levels up to 2X. Having reached 2X, keep pressing to go back to 1X.
- TIP: Remove the cap for night-time use and keep it on for day-time use.
- Long press the Power button to shut down the binocular.